e-cube

this blog is a chronicle of me and my 2 daughters - elise and eliza. why did i choose "e-cube"? cos their father's name is exxxx! so exxxx, elise and eliza = e-cube! so clever! it is about my experience .... as a father, guardian, counsellor to my girls. their mommy is the most beautiful angel with strength of heart and character to boot...but this is about ME - the daddy!

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Fight Klub

in nomine patri, et filii, et spiritui sancto, amen

had a long day today that started with signing a license agreement with suntec followed by approval to do our work. DS was there the whole time and am glad he is a trusted lieutenant to complete a job if you need him.

the day passed in a whirl and finally had a presentation at 8pm ... which i found the people i am presenting to were so old, the police were still wearing shorts! (mata cheng tor kor!) the next thing that blew me away was that i had to do the pitch in chinese - which i stuttered and muttered through - and thanks to AC, she was there to help me translate english to chinese... man, my mind was trying to catch up with my mouth during the translation.... pitch ended at 8.45pm and next step is to push the deal through.

went back to office and was really knackered but decided to send me daily report to the CEO before going back to pick kids - by which time it was 9.45pm

pick the kids up and mommy's face was black - and i found out elise and eliza have been fighting and when they hopped on, the fight continued... with mommy thrown into the mix. i was too tired to stop them and it was elise vs mommy vs eliza. sometimes a man simply needs to just shut up and let the girls (mommy included) settle the fight.

gave elise her medicine and after she took it, she took the bottle and shook it vigorously without realising the cap was not secured - and of course the whole place was full of medicine. in that instant, i was mad...really mad and i was about the utter the taboo word when something held back my tongue. i just told elise to go and cleaned up the place.

i need to manage my temper better as everytime i am provoked by the kids... i tend to lose my cool but this has become better as i just hold my breath and blow my cheeks to get the hot air out. i know i should just tell elise and eliza calmly and firmly that what they are doing is wrong but it is damn hard especially if you are tired and frustrated and the kid does something that will set it all off....

praying for calmness of heart, mind and soul.

i did talk to elise later and apologise for my outburst - elise is a very sensitive child in ever sense of the word - and she started to cry. i told her that what she did was wrong and i was also wrong for losing my cool and told her no matter what she did wrong and i reprimanded her, i still love her and she is daddy's girl. i followed that up with a big kiss on her.

sigh..... fatherhood

in nomine patri, et filii, et spiritui sancto, amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home